See the NOVUS Walkthrough Guide for general information about the system.
For a stand alone policy (or binder) the new section to be added is named consecutively in the alphabetic sequence A, B, C, D etc. However, if the SECTDEL program has been used to delete a section, the program offers a list of sections which can be added including the next in the alphabetic sequence, and with any previously deleted sections.
If a stand alone policy with five sections had been created and sections A and C have been deleted using the SECTDEL program then the SECTADD program allows sections named A, C and F to be added. This process can be repeated if additional sections are to be added.
If a section is to be added to an off-policy, the selection list of suitable sections will comprise those unused sections on the binder. If the binder comprises sections A, B, C, D, E, and F, and the off-policy has been configured with sections B and C only, the selected section to add must be one of A,D,E and F.
To add a section
- Select the required policy number and year
- The screen will display available letters (section IDs) and current number of sections.
- If this is an off-policy and there are more available sections on the binder/master the full range of section IDs will be displayed. A selection can only be made from the available section IDs.
- Type the section ID required
- Indicate which section will duplicate risk details and market structure including market version number (MVN).
Please note this process will not work if the risk record is open in the background in RISKNEW at the same time.
To delete a section
The SECTDEL program enables sections to be deleted from a policy providing that the policy does not have any transactions processed against it, and the section requiring deletion is not the only section on the policy.
Sections can be deleted from a risk or quote.
- CLick to add a checkmark in the delete column against the section that is to be deleted.
- Click the delete button.
v4.2.0 – Updated to latest version
V32M - Append new section to na_sectri in risk_details unless sys_code = 'H' (Helix)
V28S - Changes for Line Slip declaration: available Sect list taken from line slip; section type LoV based on section group of the section to add; replicate market from section in line slip but allow selection of mvn (URM-3501)
V24M - for off-policy set tdate to the tdate of the model section (of the off_policy) - not that of the binder.
V22M - First version of this form to use the new style. No other updates except the restyle.