See the NOVUS Walkthrough Guide for further information.
The QUOTENEW program can be used to create a new quotation. The next available quotation number is assigned to the new quotation. The quotation details are completed, including sections, in the same way as a risk record.
- i. Although the quotation number needs to be assigned a year, the year has no structural significance. The quotation number alone uniquely defines the quotation record. The year can be changed when a quotation is converted to a policy (using the QUOTEPOL program). Quotations cannot be renewed.
- ii. The division may be left blank
- iii. The period must be entered as this date determines the period of cover quoted for and sets the start of the quotation validity period.
- iv. The policy type must be entered.
- v. The line slip and its year and the binder number and year are left blank
- vi. The cl/ins/reins code must be completed. This field is the (re)insured.
- vii. No of sections must be entered. The section type displays the section title description (e.g. if a user has created a bespoke section title description, this will be displayed instead of the section type code description).
There is logic in place to enable the validity period to be created automatically, this means that as soon as the quote is set up there is a record indicating how long the quotation is valid for. However, this means that when the QUOTER program is first invoked, the program expects the quotation to exist.
After all quotation records are completed, click save/header/sections to save the quote.
1. For QUOTER a slip is required. (re-insurance)
2. For QUOTED a slip is not necessary (direct)
A quotation can be modified at any time because transactions can never be processed against a quotation.
Policy Type selection. When creating a new quote, the list of values offered for Policy Type will depend on the Policy Mode selection made.
- Mode O (Other - Open Market) will only return Policy Types mapped to Processing Groups D (Direct Commercial) or P (Direct Personal Lines).
- Mode R (Facultative Reinsurance) will only return Policy Types mapped to Processing Group F (Facultative Reinsurance).
- Mode P (Proportional Treaty) will only return Policy Types mapped to Processing Groups Q (Quota Share) or S (Surplus).
- Mode N (Non-proportional Treaty) will only return Policy Types mapped to Processing Groups R (Stop Loss (XL Ratio)) or X (Excess of Loss).
When editing a legacy quote where the originally selected Policy Type is now invalid, the existing Policy Type will be respected - the Policy Type list of values will contain the legacy Policy Type and then the other valid Policy Types as per the structure detailed above.
V6.1.0 – Updated to the latest version.
V6.0.0 – Updated to the latest version.
V4.2.0 – Updated to latest version.
v136J - current version
v135J - various URMs up to URM 3767
v134P - Removing the ADD button from Cl/Ins/Reins field
v133S - FMX-158 - unable to manually enter a POLNUM for New Risk. Also check added for old quotes without RISK records
v129M - lpad new quotation number. Fixed curious problem of GLOBAL.f2 not being set - now placed in pre-item of the quote/policy year.